This recipe is from the Edmonds Cookery book. You can find the book instore or online.
- ½ cup standard flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup finely desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 50g butter
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
- Melt butter and golden syrup. Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Place level tablespoonfuls of mixture onto cold greased trays and flatten with a fork. These don't spread as they bake so you can place them close together.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.